Senior Backend Engineer Risk (f/m/d)
We are a breakthrough Fintech startup in Berlin that aims to revolutionize small business financing. We have a world-class team on the ground and some of the strongest investors in Europe backing our company.
Based on big data analytics, fully digitalized processes and a highly scalable state of the art tech platform, we offer the simplest and fastest way for small businesses to access capital. Our innovative solution provides financing against open invoices of small businesses – no hidden fees, no paperwork, no boring bank branches. Financing as it should be. Like that, we will make a lasting impact on small businesses that provide jobs and income for millions.
Join us to create the future of small business financing!
We are a tech company providing financial products NOT one of many financial companies with an IT department, our top management believes deeply that only through investing in tech that we can solve liquidity problems in the B2B world. Billie is moving fast towards a microservice architecture written mainly in PHP 7(Symfony4), a bit of Python and a bit of GoLang. The services talk to each other using REST, RabbitMQ and GraphQL. Data is stored in MySql and SnowFlake, we have no legacy code and we are eager to update our stack to the newest versions.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for Senior Backend Engineer to join our Risk Engineering team. At Billie, Risk Engineering team is responsible for implementing all financial risk related functionalities. We build the risk infrastructure that supports our two product lines in Billie, this includes building micro-services, automating some of risk operations processes and integrating data models from data science and quantitative risk management teams which enables Billie products to scale efficiently while controlling all risk factors.
- Develop new features for a fin-tech startup which doesn’t have any piece of legacy code.
- Design and refactor code, architecture and data model together with other members or Engineering and Data teams.
- Close collaboration with Product and QA in order to understand and match use cases and acceptance criteria.
- Work in a cross-functional team.
- Constantly improve the quality of processes.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of proven experience in Backend development.
- Having good understanding of SOLID principles.
- Sound knowledge in relational database systems (preferably MySql).
- Strong experience in PHP 7 and Symfony frameworks.
- Experience in test driven development and behavior driven development or simply a passion to cover code by tests.
- Good understanding of REST and RabbitMQ or similar queues.
- AWS services knowledge is a plus.
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies and languages.
- Good programming knowledge in Golang is a plus.
- A full professional proficiency in English language.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe
- Becoming part of an international team of highly motivated, experienced, and skilled young top performers where hierarchies don't matter, but passion and drive do
- A great mission - we empower small businesses, the engine of economic growth
- You’ll be surrounded by smart people with a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that also want to learn from you
- A fantastic learning opportunity to develop in the area of quantitative risk management
- A great office near Checkpoint Charlie with a free gym, healthy snacks and cereals, fruits, coffee and drinks