We are a breakthrough Fintech startup in Berlin that aims to revolutionize small business financing. We have a world-class team on the ground and some of the strongest investors in Europe backing our company. Based on big data analytics, fully digitalized processes and a highly scalable state of the art tech platform, we offer the simplest and fastest way for small businesses to access capital. Our innovative solution provides financing against open invoices of small businesses – no hidden fees, no paperwork, no boring bank branches. Financing as it should be. Like that, we will make a lasting impact on small businesses that provide jobs and income for millions.
Join us to create the future of small business financing!
We are a tech company providing financial products NOT one of many financial companies with an IT department, our top management believes deeply that only through investing in tech that we can solve liquidity problems in the B2B world. Billie is moving fast towards a microservice architecture written mainly in PHP 7(Symfony4), a bit of Python and a bit of GoLang. The services talk to each other using REST, RabbitMQ and GraphQL. Data is stored in MySql and SnowFlake, we have no legacy code and we are eager to update our stack to the newest versions. To support our continued growth and momentum, we’re looking for a Team Lead (f/m/o) to join our cross-functional software development team.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Lead one of our cross-functional teams of Backend Developers including mentorship, direct management, planning, refactoring, pair programming, and pair refactoring, etc.
- Develop new features for a fin-tech startup that doesn’t have any piece of legacy code.
- Design and refactor code, architecture and data model together with other members or Engineering and Data teams.
- Close collaboration with Payments, BI, Risk, Marketing and Sales teams in order to develop the best fin-tech product.
- Work together with Product and QA in order to understand and match use cases and acceptance criteria.
- Contribute hands on to product and feature development, and continuous improvement.
- Constantly improve the quality of processes by following the best practices.
- Learn, train and develop yourself. Learn continuously and adapt continuously.
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- 5 years of relevant industry experience as a Software Developer.
- 2+ years of experience in leading tech teams.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members.
- Deep understanding in at least one backend language (PHP 7, Symfony 3 or 4).
- Sound knowledge in relational database systems (preferably MySql).
- Experience with agile engineering practices such as TDD, BDD, and CI/CD
- Good understanding of REST and RabbitMQ or similar queues.
- AWS services knowledge is a plus.
- Innovative and self-motivated, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player, proactive and result-driven.
- Full professional proficiency in the English language.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to B2B customers is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe
- Becoming part of an international team of highly motivated, experienced, and skilled young top performers where hierarchies don't matter, but passion and drive do
- A great mission - we empower small businesses, the engine of economic growth
- You’ll be surrounded by smart people with a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that also want to learn from you
- A fantastic learning opportunity to develop in the area of quantitative risk management
- A great office near Checkpoint Charlie with a free gym, healthy snacks and cereals, fruits, coffee and drinks
UP FOR A CHALLENGE?
We are looking forward to receiving your application!