solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology which makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
Our international team of 290+ colleagues combines digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience. Whether you're a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you're ready to change banking, reach out to us. We love what we do and love our team.
Tech together with Product is the agile heartbeat of the company. As engineers, we collaborate end-2-end within the company to build great products for our partners and their end customers. It is our pride to build state of the art, elegant, straightforward software and it is our professional ambition to deliver value in high quality as early as possible in a sustainable way.
You will be working in Site Reliability Engineering and hence your contribution will be crucial in keeping our products up and running. You will be tasked with the goal of building a highly available and resilient product landscape by supporting our product engineering teams in bringing their services in the best shape possible. On top of that, you're building the necessary tooling to monitor, support and automate our whole service infrastructure.
- Create overall standards for monitoring and alerting, partly in collaboration with the Cloud & Platform Engineering Team
- Incident & Emergency Response
- Drive the creation of KPIs, SLOs, SLIs and help in the definition of SLAs
- Embed yourself into teams and help them integrate the best practices and standards you created, eventually enable them to do on-call for their products
- Introduce Error Budgeting
- Champion reliability best practices
- Guide designs and processes with an eye towards resilience and low toil
- Reduce technical complexity and sprawl
- Drive usage of tools and common components
- Implement software and tooling to improve resilience and automate operations
- Add additional functionality to the CI/CD systems which enforce adherence to defined Standards (needs to be rolled out team by team after the basics are implemented)
- Create advanced monitoring dashboards for each product (e.g. tech view & high level end2end view)
Who you are
- You have proven experience in software development and systems engineering
- You have a vast experience in Docker, AWS and secure software development
- You understand agile workflows and lean principles and you know how to apply them
- If you look at a service architecture you know where to search for bottlenecks
- You have a sound understanding of best practices that make services resilient and scalable
- You are a proactive peer and help the people around you to grow and learn from your experience
- You are a curious, constant learner and share your knowledge in a likable way
- You know how to keep a work-life balance
- You communicate well in written and verbal English
- You have a professional cloud certification, such as a AWS
- You know either Ruby, Elixir and / or Go
- You can translate tech topics to a business audience
What we value
- Collaboration: we put ideas before ego and leverage the expertise of our peers
- Dedication: we go the extra mile to perfect our craft
- Impact: we're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one
- Transparency: we share our knowledge and communicate genuinely with each other
- Responsibility: we own what we do and actively seize opportunities to improve
- Flexibility: we're open-minded and see change as a chance
- We are a tech company with a banking license and we change banking forever. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Learning budget for conferences, books and everything you need to grow
- Clear learning framework to support your career goals
- Flexible hours
- Possibility to work from home
You shouldn't be able to match all of this, unicorns are for fairy tales. Let's get in touch, we will support you in your growth!
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: solarisBank does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, solarisBanks’ employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. solarisBank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.