solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology which makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap. In December 2019, solarisBank launched solaris Digital Assets as a full subsidiary. Our mission is to drive digital assets adoption. We achieve this by integrating various cryptocurrencies and crypto tokens, offering our partners a range of services, which abstract away all the complexities of blockchain technology and of regulatory frameworks.
solaris Digital Assets is a modular one-stop-shop platform that enables our partners to launch innovative, secure, and compliant digital asset services, so that our partners can focus on creating an outstanding user experience, all while having a faster time to market.
Digital assets will become omnipresent in our day to day life and will therefore transform the way we exchange any type of value. You will work in our Engineering team, which focuses on one of the most critical market pain points: the secure & compliant storage of digital assets.
What we look for
- 5+ years of experience as a Ruby Engineer, with a focus on backend
- Strong interest in Ruby beyond Ruby on Rails
- A true Engineer, with a passion for Ruby, software and complex problems
- Your self-driveness ensure your high impact and execution
- You like to challenge and to be challenged
- You see yourself as a team player and have good communication skills
- You are fluent in English
Skills that will earn you extra points
- Concurrent/parallel processing
- Experience with AWS
- Distributed systems
- Microservice Architecture
- Message bus
- Modern infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, cloud platforms
- Understanding cryptography
- Owning a cryptokitty
As a Senior Ruby Engineer you will:
- Not use Ruby on Rails (unless you really want to)
- Take direct ownership of the area of the product
- Design and build backend applications and APIs, software libraries and tools
- With your colleagues, design and implement a secure and resilient architecture
- Put security and resilience of the applications you build to test
- Get to work with modern cryptography: encryption, digital signatures and more
- Learn about Blockchain technology and how to use it
- Learn more about Blockchain technology and when not to use it
What we value
- Collaboration: we put ideas before ego and leverage the expertise of our peers
- Dedication: we go the extra mile to perfect our craft
- Impact: we're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one
- Transparency: we share our knowledge and communicate genuinely with each other
- Responsibility: we own what we do and actively seize opportunities to improve
- Flexibility: we're open-minded and see change as a chance
- We are a tech company with a banking license and we change banking forever. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Learning budget for conferences, books and everything you need to grow
- Clear learning framework to support your career goals
- Flexible hours
- Possibility to work from home
You shouldn't be able to match all of this, unicorns are for fairy tales. Let's get in touch, we will support you in your growth!
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: solarisBank does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, solarisBanks’ employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. solarisBank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.