Senior Blockchain Engineer (m/f/x), Berlin
EmployeeBerlin, GermanyIT / Software
Upvest builds the financial infrastructure of tomorrow, powered by blockchain. We make it incredibly simple for every company to use the benefits of the blockchain via our APIs. Our solution is globally used in more than 80 countries. Our team comes from all over the world (we sponsor visas) and we are based in Berlin, Germany.
We look for ambitious doers that love to solve real-world problems with the blockchain. We have a bold long-term view that is backed by Europe’s largest tech VCs Notion Capital, Partech and Holtzbrinck Ventures. Join us if you are brave enough.
We’re looking for a full-time talented engineer responsible for developing and optimising our backend infrastructure.
- Be responsible for developing and optimising our backend infrastructure
- Improving the reliability of our APIs (including managing complex integrations with 3rd party providers)
- Build a reliable microservices architecture
- Develop data processing and storing mechanisms
Your personal profile:
- Proven experience with blockchain protocol integrations (mainly ETH, BTC)
- Strong understanding of cryptography, distributed consensus technologies (POS/POW) and Smart Contracts
- Strong understanding of Golang
- Proven experience in RESTful API development
- Experience in Python is a strong bonus
- Knowledge of C, Linux, (Node.js/JS Optional)
- You deeply believe in Reliability and top-quality of code
- You are proactive in learning new stacks and have a high sense of taking ownership
- You contribute to improving code & processes, and generally leave things better than you found them
We’re an English-speaking team, so no German knowledge will be required
- Our salary package is typically above average
- You will co-own Upvest with company equity
- You will receive personal coaching sessions
- We have flat hierarchies, you can grow into any role
Our cultural values:
- Think big: Know your north star. Be hungry. Never give up.
- Dig deep: Find the root cause of things. Be obsessed with it.
- Play fair: Build powerful partnerships, lasting relationships and long term value.
- Resourcefulness: Understand the concept of time. Find a solution.
- Own it: Be proactive. Lead by example.
- Unity: Supporting each other and working together with transparency in good and bad times.